Saturday marked a special day for the city and Leeds Loves Shopping festival as it celebrated its very own independents day with an invasion of great fashion, great people, fun events and fab prizes.
Shoppers from independent retailers including Culture Vulture, Jumbo Records, Kiosk 78, Mummy and Little Me, Teddy and Co, Bird’s Yard, Mad Elizabeth and Leeds Kirkgate Market claimed prizes from Capital FM’s Street Stars team and Leeds Guide, who were also out style spotting trendy Leeds shoppers!
If you couldn’t make the weekend do not fear as the festival fun continues, here’s what’s going on…
- Leeds Shopping Plaza’s week of fashion and style events from 17th October, culminating with the Style Pod and Fashion Show event on Saturday 22nd (10:30am – 4:30pm) and Sunday 23rd October (11:15am – 4:30pm). Enjoy store offers and promotions on the mall, plus hair and make up demonstrations and advice from the experts.
- A Look Good Feel Great event at the Merrion Centre on Friday 21 October from 11am-4pm. The centre has lined up style, beauty and health experts to offer free advice on hair, beauty, nutrition and fashion.
- · Fashion teas, fashion cocktails and mini fashion shows at Harvey Nichols
Espresso Bar, Victoria Quarter 11am-5pm
- Rolf Harris at Whitewall Gallery, Victoria Quarter, 23rd October, 12pm – 2pm
- · The Corn Exchange’s Cornucopia – A Discovery of Taste: 10am – 4pm
on 23rd October
Leeds Loves Shopping is part of a suite of city festivals hosted in Leeds that celebrate the city’s diverse sector-specific offers and follows on from the successful Leeds Loves Food festival, which attracted over 40,000 visitors to Millennium Square and other city venues for a weekend of food and drink in July.
Leeds Loves Shopping is organised and delivered by Marketing Leeds and Leeds City Council’s City Centre Management and is supported by the Leeds Retail Association, City colleges as well as retailers and traders.
For more information and to view an updated calendar of events, visit www.leedslovesshopping.com.
If you are interested in Leeds Loves Shopping, and would like to speak to festival partners/retailers in the city to find out more, please contact Natalie Gibson, 0113 214 5203, firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an interview.
Please visit www.leedslovesshopping.com for an update on events and feel free to contact Natalie if you would like a press pass to any of these.