Heineken is one of the world’s leading brands and has an impressive global network of distributors, plus 115 brewerys in 65 countries…not bad ey?!!
Mergers and acquisitions –
- South African PLC combined with Miller
- Coors acquired Molson
- Interbrew and Ambev merged in 2004
- Anheuser-Busch in partnerships with Grupo Modelo and Tsingtao
- Heineken was the first to cut dealls with distributors.
- The market for premium beer will expand to 84% by 2012
- Produce is stored strategically in order to cut down shipping costs.
- Heineken BBAG making it the biggest beer maker in several countries across Europe.
- It has brewers across the world keeping it local and again cutting shipping costs.
- Heineken is the 5th most recignised beer in the world so by acquiring smaller breweries it can spread it’s brand name.
- It provides non alcoholic beers, malts etc. it can target a new market audience that were previously missing out and vice versa.
- The brand is differentiated.Every
- Bottle recognition and multiple dispensing instruments.
- Bargaining power????
- Heineken has a conservative approach, it tends to play it safe. It seems to pick up small breweries rather than bigger ones. But perhaps this could be a strength??
- The average consumer age is around 30 so perhaps they could maximise opprtunity by targeting different age groups…it’s not like they definitely don’t have the older age group hooked!!
- Product life cycle of new innovations??
- It’s a competitive environment and which brand isn’t trying to strengthen their global presence???
- Rising costs of commodities i.e. for ingredients or pariphenalia such as glass or aluminium.
- There is the opportunity to target younger people whilst touring the breweries. plus any other age group that happens to visit.
- They have low calorie beer which fits in with heathier lifestyles. Could use this to their advantage.
- As the population increases so could the market share.
- Competitors such as Miller and Carlsberg.
- Perhaps in danger of becoming a tired old brand lacking in excitement as they are so careful.
AT THIS MOMENT I MUST GO SO FAREWELL AND PLEASE LEAVE ME ANY MORE FACTS THAT CAN BE ADDED TO THIS SWOT, THANK YOU VERY MUCH